Sunday, July 19, 2009

Good news and bad news.

The good news is, the first journal is now in my Etsy shop (edit: nevermind, it sold.. thank you<3). The bad news is, I have discovered that doing these really isn't worth the time that it takes. I can't justify charging very much for a journal -- it's not something that you're likely to keep forever, like a print or original that would be safely framed and hung on a wall.

So I'm going to finish the last five journals that I have left, put them up in my shop as they get done, and that's it. I have two more small Moleskine cahiers, which I'll be doing first, and then 3 larger ones.

ocean jrnl front


In case you're curious, the other small journals will have a moth and a bird on them, and I'm not sure what I'm doing with the larger ones yet (and I might wait a while to even start them). And hopefully I'll learn how to screen print someday and I can start making journal covers that way, but for now, these are the last of the hand-drawn ones.

No comments: