Sunday, January 20, 2008

City ghosts.

Confession: I don't really like working with colour. Simply because I don't feel it's my strong point. Fortunately/unfortunately, I need to force myself to work with it more to get better. So.. I don't really love this piece, but I don't entirely hate it either. It's for the March show.

(temporarily) untitled bird/city


Also, two of my pieces from the DOOM show are available through the ellO gallery's etsy shop. Please stop by and take a look at all of the work from the artists there. I don't mean to sound like their publicist, but Portsmouth is a touristy seacoast town that definitely has a lot of galleries, BUT most of them are filled with landscapes, seascapes, and really bad paintings. ellO is contemporary and wonderful and run by good people. This town is lucky to have them.

1 comment:

Paulina said...

Cassandra, I am so glad to have found you on facebook. And I am so excited to see that you are doing art. I can't stop by ellO to see your work, but I checked out etsy and that whimsy thing. Very cool!
Do you mind if I send some of my pics to ellO? I am always looking for places to show my work, and they seem nice. Or would you feel too much like I am pissing on your territory.
Cheers! And kudos to you for being brave enough to stay with your art.